Last Updated: January 2, 2020
As with most legal policies, we’ll need to be a little nerdy here to explain our privacy practices and to show you, our users, that we truly have no nefarious plans for your information. We want you to know our intentions and policies, spell it all out, so that there is no mistake or misunderstanding as to what we do and why we do it. We hope you understand, and we appreciate you bearing with us as we do our obligatory deep dive into how we handle and respect your privacy rights.
1. Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we collect the following types of Information:
a. Personal Information
When you visit our Site or use our Services, you may be asked to provide certain information that may identify, relate to, describe, or that could be linked or associated with, you or your household (“Personal Information”), including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and organization name. In the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Personal Information includes an identification number, location information, and/or an online identifier. You may be asked to provide this information, for example, when you complete any form on our website. If you make a purchase on our Site, we may also collect your payment information, including your credit card number. You are not required to provide us with Personal Information to use and enjoy the Site, but we may not be able to respond to your requests or process your purchases if you do not provide the necessary Personal Information.
b. Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information does not identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to your domain name and IP address, as well as anonymous “traffic data,” which does not personally identify you but may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving our Site and Services.
You may be given the option to receive push notifications while using our Services. In order to serve push notifications, we may need to collect your IP address and a persistent identifier from your device. You can turn off push notifications in your device settings.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.”
Third-Party Social Networking Service(s).
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
2. Use of Information
For Legitimate Interests.
We use Non-Personal Information collected by clickstream information collection, web pixels, and cookies to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Site.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to the following:
- To respond to your requests and to provide you with products, services, or information you have requested;
- To provide user support for our Site and Services;
- To evaluate and improve the content of our Site and Services and/or customize them to your preferences;
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise);
- To notify you of any changes to relevant agreements, terms, conditions, or policies, or to enforce the same;
- To work with our service providers, who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf;
- To prevent or investigate fraud or for risk management purposes;
- To comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims; and
- To conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services.
- To share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, other affiliated entities, and associated entities;
- To send e-mail and postal mail to provide you with updates and news;
- To process any request you make; and
- To process the commercial transaction for which you provided Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us PublisherRocket.com/support .
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
3. How We Share Information
We do not, and will not for the term this notice is posted in its current form, sell or rent your Personal Information.
We may share Non-Personal Information, such as impressions and click data, with business partners and service providers. We do not share your Personal Information with such parties, although we may share traffic and transaction Information with them on an aggregated and anonymized basis.
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
4. Third-Party Services Related to Information Collection
We use third-party service providers to help us operate our Services, who may collect, store, and/or process the information detailed herein. We allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance and processing requests, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services.
If you choose to purchase products and/or services on or through features on the Service(s), your Personal Information may be shared or made available to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of the Service(s) that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies.
Below is a list of third-party service providers that we engage. Please review this list regularly, as it may be updated or changed.
- Google Analytics. We have enabled Google Analytics on our Site to collect data about our traffic through the use of Google Advertising Cookies and other Anonymous Identifiers. We use Google Analytics Cookies and other Cookies to compile data to better understand users and provide users with a more tailored experience. You can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add-on website. You can learn more about “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps,”.
- Authorize. We have enabled Authorize on our Site to process payments and facilitate purchases you make through the site. For more information about their practices, please review their policies and terms available on their website.
- PayPal. We have enabled PayPal on our Site to process payments and facilitate purchases you make through the site. For more information about their practices, please review their policies and terms available on their website.
- ThriveCart. We have enabled ThriveCart on our Site to collect data about Site traffic and user behavior. We use ThriveCart to measure traffic and conversion rates on our Site, so that we can improve our Site and Services and provide a better experience for our users. For more information about ThriveCart, please review their policies and terms available on their website.
- Proof. We have enabled Proof on our Site to collect data about purchasers and customers and display their name and general location on the homepage of the website to show proof that others do in fact purchase the software. www.useproof.com
5. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and encrypted connections (HTTPS). While we endeavor to protect your Information, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Service. Any transmission of Personal Information, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Site and/or Service, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via our support page at PublisherRocket.com/support. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
6. Rights to Your Personal Information
You may change, edit, update, or delete the information that you provided when you set up your account through our Service(s) through your account settings. You may also request the deletion of this information by sending an e-mail to Support (at) PublisherRocket.com If you access our Services from certain jurisdictions, such as the EEA, you may have additional rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating your Personal Information, as well as how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
As a Data Subject, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information as it exists in our records by emailing us at Support (at) PublisherRocket.com. You also have the right to rectification, correction, or amendment of your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also have the right to erasure of your Personal Information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and exceptions may apply.
A Data Subject may have the right to object to the processing of his or her Personal Information, for example, due to his or her particular situation, for direct marketing uses, or for scientific or historical research. In certain circumstances, Data Subjects may have the right to obtain a restriction on our processing of their Personal Information, in which case such Personal Information will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the Data Subject’s consent or in circumstances such as our exercise or defense of legal claims or the protection of another person. Data Subjects may also have the right to request that we provide data portability for their Personal Information via a copy of the data in a commonly-used format and/or transfer their Personal Information directly to another data controller (where technically feasible). Exceptions to these rights may apply, for example, if the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest. Finally, if a Data Subject has given his or her consent to our processing of his or her Personal Information for certain purposes, he or she has the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us at Support (at) PublisherRocket.com.
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Information, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here.
7. Information Retention
Geographic Information Transfers.
However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy, and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to cross-border data disclosure of your Personal Information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses with our third parties pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and you may request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at Support (at) PublisherRocket.com.com. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Information.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to Support (at) PublisherRocket.com [. For more information regarding your privacy rights as a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
12. How to Contact Us
By e-mail: Support (at) PublisherRocket.com
By telephone: 1-307-275-9818
By regular mail: Ebookpreneur, LLC
Attention: Website Inquiry
1603 Capitol Ave.
Suite 310 A174
Cheyenne, WY 82001